St. John, USVI – April 1, 2022 – The theme of this year’s Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet” – something Island Green Living Association has been doing for the last 18 years. Once again, a group of generous St. John businesses have joined forces to create an idyllic vacation raffle to benefit the local non-profit in honor of Earth Day, the second annual partnership. The seven-night “Love City Escape for Two,” valued at up to $10,000, includes accommodations for two, air travel, car rental, meals at some of the island’s best restaurants and fabulous activities – for just $50 a chance or 6 chances for $250! All proceeds benefit Island Green. Supporters can enter at Island Green’s Earth Month Fundraiser page HERE by April 30, 2022. (https://bit.ly/LoveCityEscape)
This year, Earthday.org challenges us to “act (boldly), innovate (broadly), and implement (equitably)” and highlights that “together, we must invest in Our Planet.” Island Green Living has always embraced a spirit of collaboration and engagement as it works to expand sustainability on the island and beyond.
And now is the perfect time to support the organization! The “Love City Escape for Two” vacation raffle launches today. All funds raised go to support Island Green’s vital programming, which is dedicated to turning what many would consider “waste” into a resource. There is only ONE Grand Prize:
“Love City Escape for Two” Raffle
- Seven-night stay at Gallows Point Resort for two in a spacious one-bedroom ocean view villa with access to resort amenities including pool, Jacuzzi, etc.
- Airfare Voucher up to $1,000
- One Week Jeep Rental Compliments of Seashell Vacations
- Food & Beverage:
- Enjoy dinner for two and the best sunset views at Ocean 362, offering locally sourced and delectable “island to table” style cuisine located directly at Gallows Point Resort.
- Entrance for two to Lovango Resort + Beach Club’s “Evening Under the Stars” which includes roundtrip transportation, a welcome cocktail and all food for the evening.
- $200 at Wok on the Beach: Explore exotic Pan-Asian tapas as you relax under the palms watching boats sway in the harbor. Located in the Isola Shoppes
- $200 at Dave and Jerry’s Steakhouse: A David Feller & Jerry Mace collaboration that offers the best dry-aged meat, fish, and vegetables. Enjoy Chef Riah Kuenzi’s creative fare along with delicious, hand-crafted libations and a great wine list.
- $200 at Extra Virgin Bistro: Delicious locally grown and sourced cuisine.
- $150 at Lovango Rum Bar in Cruz Bay: Good towards dinner and drinks.
- $50 at Colombo’s Smoothies in Estate Carolina: Valid toward breakfast or lunch (or smoothies).
- Activities & Extras:
- Party with “celebrity status” aboard your own private 50-foot sailing yacht for the day for up to four guests, complete with down-home “low country” boil feast including Caribbean Lobster and premium snorkeling gear with Happy Island Charters
- Visit a luxurious spa setting and experience a soothing 60-minute couple’s massage at VI Body Spa in Cruz Bay.
- $220 to be used toward a sail on Kekoa, recipient of Trip Advisor’s 2020 Travelers Choice Award
- Two 24-hour stand-up paddle board rentals with roof rack system for easy transport to the beach of your choice with Virgin Islands Expedition Company. Daily paddle board rental.
- $100 at Maho Crossroads: Good towards food, drinks and beach gear rentals at this minimum footprint pop-up village at Maho Beach.
- Supply of Caribbean Sol, an exceptional coral-safe mineral sunscreen that is compliant with the USVI’s ban on sunscreen containing the “Toxic 3 Os” of oxybenzone, octinoxate & octocrylene.
- Voluntourism opportunity & private tour at Island Green Living’s ReSource Depot.
The raffle is open through April 30, 2022. There is no limit on entries because the goal is to raise as much money as possible for Island Green Living. The entry link is https://islandgreenliving.org/donate/earth-month-fundraiser
Island Green Living extends a huge thank you to the local partners that contributed components and helped put this package together. Please visit and support these venues and businesses.
Just one month ago, Island Green Living launched the first ever Ocean-Bound Plastics Recycling Program on the island. Their Aluminum Can Recycling Program has collected, crushed and recycled nearly 1.3 million cans; the Resource Depot thrift shop has kept more than 650,000 pounds of used building materials & household items from the landfill; and the Brush Chipping Program has processed more than 4,000 cubic yards of green and brown debris. They have supported sustainable agriculture through aquaponics and hydroponics sponsorships at Gifft Hill School and the board president is a member of the governor’s Agricultural Plan Task Force. They also led efforts to ban the “Toxic 3 Os” of oxybenzone, octinoxate and octocrylene in sunscreen, which is devastating to coral, marine life and human health, and were among the architects of the territory’s bans on disposable plastic bags and straws.
All entries will be treated as donations to Island Green Living Association. Entrants must choose the number of tickets HERE and will be taken to a secure PayPal page where they can check out. Entrants must be certain their correct email is used as Island Green will notify the winner by email. All entrants will receive a confirmation email from PayPal after purchasing ticket/s provided they are a registered PayPal user. This email from PayPal will serve as confirmation of entry into the drawing.
How the drawing works: The raffle period will end at midnight on Saturday, April 30, 2022. The raffle committee will generate a raffle ticket with the entrant’s name: one for each $50 donated (or 6 for $250) on the linked page. From these tickets, a winner will be drawn. The drawing will take place LIVE via Facebook on Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 2 pm AST and the winner will be announced.
The Fine Print:
The “Love City Escape for Two” vacation package is limited to two people, valid from June 1, 2022 through December 14, 2023 and subject to holiday blackout periods (Weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Year’s, President’s Day, Easter, July 4th) & space availability. Boat trips may not be available during hurricane season as boats aren’t in the water or are down island. The winner must adhere to the individual property/business rules and restrictions including the provision of a credit card number for holds/damage deposits, etc. In the event that a property/business becomes uninhabitable due to a storm, fire, or Act of God, the winner agrees to forfeit the prize. We strongly encourage the winner to purchase travel insurance. None of the prizes are transferable without the business owner’s consent and are not redeemable for cash. As required by the IRS, a 1099 will be issued for the value of the prize package.
In addition to holiday blackouts, the following apply:
Kekoa advises that the certificate value can only be applied to the cost of the sail and cannot be used towards crew gratuity or Kekoa merchandise products. The vessel is dry docked for the peak of hurricane season; we are not available August 15 – November 1. Winners must call to reserve.
Lovango Resort + Beach Club is closed July 20 – December 20 and does not include additional beverages or gratuity.
Car Rental: Due to limited inventory available on island, a minimum three-month advance notice is required for booking. It must be booked online with a valid credit card and driver’s license. A $100 deposit is required to reserve/hold the vehicle. The winner must comply with all terms and conditions. Tax is not included. Proof of insurance is required if declining CDW/LDW. If CDW/LDW is not declined, winner is responsible for that cost. No cash back for any unused portion of the rental.
Established in 2004, Island Green Living Association is a registered 501 (c)(3) not for profit organization on St. John dedicated to sustainability throughout the USVI. www.islandgreenliving.org.